This course is designed to teach you how to perform an internal audit of your companies own Environmental Management System. It also covers the role of the internal auditor in the development and improvement of an effective environmental management system.
Duration – 2 Days
Who should attend?
- People new to auditing and have been asked to conduct internal audits
- Anyone involved in planning, managing and implementation of internal audit systems
- Those needing to identify gaps in the effectiveness of your EMS
- Those wanting to achieve continual business process improvement
- Explain the process-based environmental management system model for ISO 14001 and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of quality management systems with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an audit to plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal environmental management system audit, in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit of part of a environmental management system based on ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011
- Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology
- Business process auditing
- Risk based thinking
- Environmental Internal Auditor
- ISO 14001:2015 requirements
- Environmental management system implementation issues
- Effective auditing techniques and good audit practice